Home Forums Members Yet another Newbie – Bay Of Plenty

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Inactive

Hi all, I have been lurking around these parts since I made the switch from riding a Honda about 18 months ago. Just got around to registering here as a user. For those of you with dual citizenship I also use the same name over here: http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/member.php/4532-HighlanderBased in (near) Tauranga. My ride is in my profile picture, 2003 R1100s, really liking it, not that I disliked my old Honda, but after test riding the BMW the Honda just felt all wrong.I commute on my wifes SV400 most of the time, saving the 1100 for more fun riding.  May sound like a stupid question but what are the benefits of becoming a signed up / paid up member of the BMOR?

Dave Ross
    Keymaster

Well, let me be the first to welcome you. We won't be holding it against you that you're not riding a GS.

Anonymous

Well, let me be the first to welcome you. We won't be holding it against you that you're not riding a GS.

Of course we wouldn't hold that against you when you have the impeccable good taste to pedal an R-eleven-hundy-ess, a proper scooter, not a big black chook-chaser like Komrade Kokopelli rides.Nobody seems to be very keen to identify Register Membership benefits, do they?  Here's a couple:

• Camaraderie of being part of a group of (slightly) odd people that share your admiration of the marque; despite all the quirks and foibles of the machines we likes 'em, we does.
    • Access to the Register's Touring Guide, which will help you make contact with local members while you are tiki-ing around, whether you require assistance, or just want to drop in for a chinwag.
    • Access to discounted services, for instance insurance, or Interislander fares.

I'm sure that others will come up with more, now that I have broken the ice.[hr]Alex also made the post here: http://bmwor.org.nz/forum/index.php/topic,1394.0.html, explaining some of the benefits of Register membership.

Robin
    Participant

Why join the Register?1. Lasting friendships.2. Rides that get you around the country (over a period of time and organised by someone else!).3. $142 over the ditch and back!4. Inexpensive subs. Give us a year and try it! (Oct-Sep Fy year)

peter.trub
    Participant

Which ditch did you cross for $142?  😮 Cost a lot less than that with the group discount to get from the North Rock to the South Rock  ;D

Richard Kuysten
    Participant

Why join the Register?1. Lasting friendships.

This one is rightly at the top of the list, you will meet a whole new group of folk who share your interest in motorcycling and to meet them from time to time all over the country is a buzz.  And when you need a knowlegeable friend to suss out a prospective puchase for you at the other end of the country they are just an email away (eh Dave)  😀

Robin
    Participant

Shucks, yes! Malcolm.Cook Strait. Interislander. Bike and rider.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.