Home Forums Members Woohoo! They let me in

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Inactive

Hi… my name is Gremlin, and I own a BMW *waits for applause* More specifically, a 2010 R1200GSA.I bought the Mount Motorcycles demo in mid January with 4000km on the clock and after packing her into a crate in May and riding the western USA for 6 weeks in July-August, I'm getting itchy fingers waiting for her to return, with the odometer showing 30,500km. Should be any day now, but waiting seems to make it take longer. Some of you may recognise the handle, I'm quite active across on Kiwibiker.Previous to the BMW I owned a KTM 990 Supermoto, and 3 Kawasakis before that (sportsbikes). Been riding for about 6.5 years and now hooked on long distance riding, so loving things like the Grand Challenge and TT2000. Hands down, I have to say the BMW (named Jessica) has been the best bike yet, enormously capable over anything but serious off road, tackling stuff that would have broken other bikes. She's kitted out with quite a few accessories, including radar and GPS, along with a decent parts list from Touratech, AdvDesigns and TwistedThrottle.Thanks goes to Bwucie for letting me in, I thought people were avoiding me  :'(Once she's back, I'll come along on the rides you guys list, when time permits  ;D

DSC02179.jpg

Dave Ross
    Keymaster

Yep, Bwucie must be slipping. Hey, Bwucie, did you leave the door to the forum ajar again? Well, now that you're in, welcome to the forum. Make sure you do the Kaipara 200, it's coming up soon and also keep an eye out for the Auckland Gravel Riders rides. See you on a ride.

Anonymous

Yep, Bwucie must be slipping. Hey, Bwucie, did you leave the door to the forum ajar again?

Alex. that's a scurrilous accusation: you know the biggest threat to this forum is from within - so far I have been the only force to kill it off. Twice, even.Gremlin did have problems with his application, and some of our system emails do seem to go adrift. I suspect that is because of the pressure that the @#*&^%!!!^& spamming robots that are constantly attacking (various) forums cause. If the geezers that turn those things loose on the unsuspecting interweb were a bit more active, they would get up from in front of their screens and go out and get some healthy exercise - tagging fences, most likely would be about the level of their sporting instincts.Jessica, yes indeedy, the ultimate name for the ultimate motorsickle. Rincewind will like that.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Well, now that you're in, welcome to the forum. Make sure you do the Kaipara 200, it's coming up soon and also keep an eye out for the Auckland Gravel Riders rides. See you on a ride.

Kaipara is on the 12th November, same date as the Capital 1000km Cruise, so I'll be popping down to Welly for that.Been watching the Auckland Gravel Riders with interest... just waiting for my bike. I'll start with the easy ones though, as I run road tyres, with all the distance I do.

Jim Young
    Participant

Hi Gremlin, and welcome, glad you managed to get in, trust Mr fixit (Bwucie) to sorted it out bet he used all that geek language and a few choice words.Anyway great looking bike and will look forward to meeting up on a ride sometime.Cheers

Robin
    Participant

Grem,Welcome to the club and forum. That's a nice looking beast you've got! Look for me on a maroon Cruiser.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Nice choice of bike Gremlin!If you are ever near National Park and you are keen to check out the sweet gravel roads of the King Country drop me a line. I'm always looking for an excuse to go for a ride.See you out there.Gr82briding

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.