Home Forums Members visting NZ for 3 months

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi out there  :-),being on our world tour with our BMWs f 650 gs, we have just arrived in New Zealand still waiting for our motorcycles but they will arrive next Tuesday (I hope). We want to explore NZ for the next 3 month and are happy about every tip for the north and south island.Holger

Russell Taylor
    Participant

Kia Ora Holger, and congratulations on choosing one of the most beautiful countries in the world to ride you 650GS.I live in Christchurch, and have a very good German friend who lives in Christchurch too. We are both bike nuts, but of the road variety. This forum has a lot of off roaders who will be able to assist your travels here more than I, but if you need a bed for a night or two in Christchurch, let me know.Enjoy your stay, and log in frequently, this forum appears to be a friendly lot.CheersPeter Daly

Dave Ross
    Keymaster

Hallo Anja und Holger,Willkomen in Neuseeland und hier im Forum. Lasst mal was von Euch hoeren. Gruesse,Alexander

Murray
    Participant

Hallo Anja und Holger,Willkomen in Neuseeland und hier im Forum. Lasst mal was von Euch hoeren. Gruesse,Alexander

Mann, ist Ihr Deutsch sehr gutes Alex  😛

Jim Young
    Participant

Hi and welcome to NZ, you will have a great 3 months here on the best motorcycle roads in the world.If you are still around Auckland on Sunday the 2nd December the club is having a run to Cambridge which would be a good time to meet some members.Let us know and we will post directions to the meeting place.RegardsJim

Pat Hoare
    Participant

😀 😀 😀 😀 😀got our bikes today and tomorrow we start to doiscover New Zealand with the northern part above Auckland. So after packing our stuff we might see on the road Anja und Holger  😀

Dave Ross
    Keymaster

Enjoy the trip, make sure you go and see:Russell, some of the bays before Mangonui, the museum at Hihi, Cape Reinga, Ride up the hill at the back of Ahipara, Waipua forest, the Kai Iwi lakes, etc. I've probably missed a few things.Cheers,Alex

ROBIN MOSS
    Participant

Hi Anja and Holger.I live in Christchurch, however my partner Zoe lives in Whangarei, it is a long distance relationship, actually we have property in Whangarei and intend to retire there so Zoe is in Whangarei a little earlier than anticipated. Repairing a house after tennats destroyed the place.I will call Zoe tonight and inform the gorgeous girl that you may call her, the house in Whangarei is only small but plenty of section and room for a tent etc. I know that if a room is spare you would be welcome. Zoe knows the North like the back of her hand and would love to meet with you. Keep an eye on this forum as I will post a note with Zoe's reaction to my invitation, my email is leighp@clear.net.nz or 027 2203112Zoe does not have a motorbike but loves getting out with me and we have just completed the Magpie Madness Rally in Timaru (South Island) together.When in Christchurch feel free to make contact, will have a bed and lockable garage plus workshop for you if required. In City.Looks like you will be forced to choose in Christchurch, I'm sure Peter (see Post) would agree we are a freindly bunch in the south Island.Enjoy the winterless north it is a beautifull part of New Zealand. Zoe's cell phone is 027 3211169.Cheers.Leigh.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Between 4:30 and 5:00pm toady, I saw the two heavily-laden 650Dakars heading north through Orewa.  Looks like they were rigged for a big adventure!Dave

Anonymous
    Inactive

Update –Anja and Holger left sunny Hawkes Bay on Sunday after staying with us and being part of our family for a few days, to head South to Wellington and then onto the South Island.What can I say!!They are a really nice couple, and have some amazing stories to tell.They both speak perfect English, and are so happy.It was sad to see them go, but they have the whole world to travel and so many adventures to have, so we couldn’t keep them here for any longerIf you see them on the road, give them a wave, or stop and talk to them.They are in Wellington tonight and are heading over the Strait tomorowRegards Scott

Dave Ross
    Keymaster

Do you know for how long they intend to stay on the South Island? Have you told them about the Annual Rally in Alexandra? We hope to meet  up with them at some stage, unfortunately it did not work out in Auckland at the time.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Do you know for how long they intend to stay on the South Island? Have you told them about the Annual Rally in Alexandra? We hope to meet  up with them at some stage, unfortunately it did not work out in Auckland at the time.

They are crossing tomorrow and expect to be in ChCh for Xmas?They are in the South Island for 6 weeks (returning end of Jan)I will pass on the details of the rally  🙂We had 5 tourists here at the same time, there is also Christian (French) whom is also about to head to the South Island.And 2 Norwegians, and more coming  😀Cheers Scott

Pat Hoare
    Participant

Hi guys and merry Christmas,are in Fox Glacier (Camp) tonight and managed to arrive dry - what a miracle :-D.Enjoyed the south island so far but the rain is really hard. Happy new year and see you on the road - Anja und Holger

Dave Ross
    Keymaster

We might see you down South. If you can fit it into your itinerary you should turn up at the Annual Rally in Alexandra. We have now over 80 attendees confirmed. I am looking forward to meeting you two.Alex

Pat Hoare
    Participant

Hi , are staying with Justin at the moment (met him at Danse's Pass) and he showed us some pictures of the Rally  :-o. Really nice tracks – must have been great, well he says it has been 😀 .Heading north tomorrow and wiil go back to the north island on the 26th.See you

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.