Home Forums General Discussion Good Food The Landing, Onehunga.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

OK, this is an urban destination, but we made up an interesting little ride around the shores of the Manukau Harbour from Conifer Grove to The Landing, about an hour and 45 minutes, with glimpses of the Harbour all the way – you could equally well do this from, say, Titirangi coming from the NWest.The venue was the old Onehunga Wharf Pub, that used to open at about 0700 to provide the shift workers a skinful first thing: the building is the same, all else has changed. And it means you are under five minutes from the motorway system when you are heading home. It's altogether a bit less frantic than the OTHER Harbour's entertainment district.Median prices are around $15 for an entree, $25 - $28 for a main, so by no means over the top. Flavours are brilliant. The kitchen team cope well with the stress, wait staff likewise. I've seen them cope with 50 people from my work before, and last night with 14 of us boisterous bikers, plus their other restaurant punters, plus a big birthday function in an upstairs function room without missing a beat. (We did wind up last night with a small blonde waitress telling us to, "Shut up and listen to me, please!" But she was certainly pitching to the correct audience when she got assertive - a whip woulda helped her.)The Librarian was very happy with the replacement for her hijacked "Almost Birthday Run", and we all went home well fed.http://www.thelanding.co.nz/

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.