Home Forums Ride Reports Terawhiti Station – Sunday 30 July

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

One of those rides flung together after a few quick phone calls on Saturday night – John Forsyth (DR650), Roger McMillan (WRF450) and I (Dakar) headed out to Terawhiti Station (famous as part of the Capital Coast Adventure) just South of Makara. Met up with Brendan (Saywers M/Cs) and a bunch of other guys, might I say on much more sutiable bikes for the day (WRF450s mostly) considering the amount of rain we have had down here recently. Tagging along was a large number of 4-wheel drive enthusiasts – man those guys don’t travel light, I saw one with a full welding kit and just about everything you’d need to rebuild your jeep. The first bit of the ride, getting from the sation to the main track on top of the ridge was a nightmare on a bike as heavy as the Dakar. However, once I got over that first bit of greasy, grassy, muddy shit (and let some pressure out of the tyres) I started enjoying myself.

There was a bit of this
    Garry_Terawhiti.jpg

and a bit of that
    Dakar_OhauHut.jpg

and the odd time where you had to get off and walk
    Getoffandpush.jpg

For a gander at lots of other photos taken of the day head off to http://oscar.smugmug.com/gallery/1718780

Jim Young
    Participant

Great report and photos Gary, good onya for tackling the mud and sand on the Dakar.
    Those conditions were certainly more suited to the lighter trail bikes but it still looked a terrific day out.

Murray
    Participant
    Youngjim wrote:
    conditions were certainly more suited to the lighter trail bikes but it still looked a terrific day out.

Certainly YJ - I'm a bit knackered today, some days you just wish you had a WR450 😆 Having said that, it was a load of fun once we got off the shitty stuff and onto some solid ground in the valleys.
    aegis4805
    Participant

gutsy effort Garry – glad I was not invited 😀

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.