Home Forums General Discussion Good Food Te Araroa

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster

I am not sure what this place is called. It's virtually opposite the old General Store and very new. We were very impressed with their service, food and coffee. While on the surface the place hasn't changed much since I've been there 20 years ago, finding a cafe like this was a pleasant surprise. The General Store has lost its ambiance completely, those who have seen it prior to its upgrade will know what I am talking about. The locals are trying very hard to put Te Araroa on the map.

Dave Morris
    Participant

and is something missing in your post

Dave Ross
    Keymaster
    Richard Kuysten
    Participant

Could it be the “Ironique” not sure if that's the right spelling though.  Peter and Lynn took us there on our way home from the AGM and told us about the same place in Mt. Eden which has the same wrought iron art works.  Good food and a great ambience in both places.Malcolm

Richard Kuysten
    Participant

Ah sorry guys, should take a breath before I reply eh  😐

Dave Ross
    Keymaster

Te Aroha and Te Araroa gets me every time as well. Currently there seems to be only one Cafe' there. I should have been more attentive. I thought it said Kari Basket on the menu board, something like that anyway. They served the best Steak and Egg Burger I have had so far. The meat was first class, absolutely no chewy bits.

Dave Morris
    Participant

just make sure ya got the right one for a job application Malcie

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.