Home Forums Motorcycle Tech Talk Series 6 helmet with Motorrad Intercom

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I have a Sena in my work helmet, and I thought it was good.I've just installed a BMW communicator into my new Series 6, and now the Senate is looking average.The sound quality in the BMW kit is stunning.Pain in the button to fit (pull your helmet apart) but once fitted, it's da bomb.Just saying.

Anonymous
    Inactive

You can get different speakers, for some Sena units from the likes of rocketmoto, and I have the Tork speakers for my SMH10R. However, with plenty of years use of Baehr (which you'd have used on the police bikes), yeah, Sena is lacking, but it is better when you're using ear plugs.How compatible is the Motorrad with Sena and the others?

Mark Mackay
    Participant

So Daffy Your new helmet must of arrived , picked up a gray System 6 with the Comms installed must get around to finding a charger for it and trying it out. On the to do list.

Russell Taylor
    Participant

So Daffy Your new helmet must of arrived , picked up a gray System 6 with the Comms installed must get around to finding a charger for it and trying it out. On the to do list.

It's been a mission Richard but the local dealer has been chasing it on my behalf. I must try pairing it with my Sena to see how it goes.I didn't have high expectations. Nice to be pleasantly surprised.You get your recall sorted?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Daffy – How much was the BMW Communication kit?

Russell Taylor
    Participant

Hi Daffy - How much was the BMW Communication kit?

Retail is $850. It's fair to say that I didn't pay retail though.If you do buy one, remember that the battery comes as a separate part. Strange. It's not like anyone would want one without a battery.

Russell Taylor
    Participant

Just to add a bit of context, I fitted an old Cardo Q2 to a spare helmet today. It's been gathering dust in my garage.The Q2 is maybe 7 or 8 years old. It has an inbuilt FM radio, one reason why I loved it enough to buy it.But the sound quality is awful compared to both my Sena and the new Motorrad kit.It's all relative. I rate my Motorrad as a 9/10. The Sena SMH10R is an 8. And the old Cardo Q2 is a 5 at best.First world problems.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.