Home Forums Motorcycle Tech Talk R1150GS Battery

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster

The battery on my bike is detiriorating. Does anyone know where I can get a lead acid battery for a good price?

David
    Participant

The number of times you've dropped the thing you would be better off buying another gel-cell  😀

Dave Ross
    Keymaster

That hasn't been an issue, the battery is still working after 6.5 years. I don't mind topping up the battery every now and then. The 1150 has been retired from off-road riding, so it's likely to  stay a lot more vertical.

Arne Rohde
    Participant

I have one which was bought for the 1200GS but never installed, and never had the acid added to it, so it should still be as good as new. Not a cheap chinese one. It cost well over $100. Yours for $60.

Dave Ross
    Keymaster

SOLD, thanks artig. How can it be shipped, and where can I get the acid from?

Dave Morris
    Participant

I have one which was bought for the 1200GS but never installed, and never had the acid added to it, so it should still be as good as new. Not a cheap chinese one. It cost well over $100. Yours for $60.

i'd charge him more  😀

Arne Rohde
    Participant

The acid comes with it. Probably not wise to send it by post or courier. You don't want to come this way for a ride, do you? Could also meet somewhere in between.

Stuart Burns
    Participant

I'm down in Taupo for a half marathon next w/e if I can help Alex…

Dave Ross
    Keymaster

Thanks Tony, but I think we've already got a delivery solution.

Dave Morris
    Participant

Alex – Richard K is frequently going between “The Big City” and “Whakatane”

Mark Mackay
    Participant

Let me know where I can pick it up from,if the battery is the wrong size for the 1150 I will take it ,My GS needs anew batteryrichard.kuysten@hotmail.com

Dave Ross
    Keymaster

Battery didn't fit, so promised to Richard K. for the same amount. If he picks it up one of these days. The new Yuasa I ended up installing made a huge difference. The old one was on its last leg. On starting  it kept resetting the clock and barely had enough grunt to start the bike.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.