Home Forums General Discussion Police harassment?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Participant

My other half was flagged down at the Lincoln Road off ramp on her way home last night by two police motorcyclists….just for a chat, she'd done nothing wrong ,apparently they are just pulling bikes in to give them safety advice…Amongst the "advice" given was that because she rides with one soft pannier on one side of the bike and leaves the other one at home, she is wearing her rear tyre out on one side and will need to replace it soon (I checked, no sign of uneven wear, 4.5mm tread in the centre, 6+ at the sides)She was wearing a BMW Rallye jacket, they advised her to be careful wearing a heavy weight jacket in the summer as people often overheat (vent zips anyone?)She was told not to wear yellow clothing as it attracts cars to run into you (from the guy wearing a flourescent yellow bib, when she asked him about his choice of colour he said it was because he liked to live life on the edge!)After 20 minutes of this nonsense they allowed her to make her way home..WTF?

peter.trub
    Participant

Ah yes, the great safety advice  😮We (the great unwashed) are being programed to do as we are told, by people who have no idea of how or why we are doing what we are doing. Armed with nothing but facts (they heard at the HSE briefing once somewhere but I cant remember where just now), they seek to enlighten us and make the world a better place for us.  ::)Instead of the WTF attitude your wife should have felt blessed to have been chosen to receive such wisdom  ;DPerhaps next time she could thank them by delivering tea and bikkies to the station to show her appreciation. 8)I am sure they felt quite put out at having spent 20 minutes of their time with the ingrate lol  😉

Dave Morris
    Participant

They prefer do nuts Brioche.. Gold

Anonymous
    Inactive

you mean koha cash? cold hard cash! they seem to like mine.  🙂 revenue earning opportunity failed.

Mark Mackay
    Participant

Should tell them not to leave there (Taxpayers) helmets on there bikes outside the Auckland hospital as well. System6 evo with Bluetooth $1900rrp  Some person nicked one of them .

Anonymous

Should tell them not to leave there (Taxpayers) helmets on there bikes outside the Auckland hospital as well. System6 evo with Bluetooth $1900rrp  Some person nicked one of them .

Does it fit you well, Richard? Guess that's one of the perks of your life as an observant pedestrian, you can see all those opportunities. (I won't dob you in....) ;D 😮 8)

Mark Mackay
    Participant

Na already got 4 of the System 6's  Was not Me saw it on facebook. Besides can't  work out how to pair the Bluetooth on a helmet I got. The more I reed the instructions the worse it gets.Might have to stick to the IPod nano

Anonymous

Na already got 4 of the System 6's  Was not Me saw it on facebook. Besides can't  work out how to pair the Bluetooth on a helmet I got. The more I reed the instructions the worse it gets.Might have to stick to the IPod nano

Egods, Mr Kuysten, even a dork like me can do the bluetooth wassname! Mind you, that's on a Japanese-made-in-Thailand vehicle with no instructions for bluetooth, which is probably much easier than following highly detailed and involved German instructions. Your phone should more or less do it all for you, but good luck if you are trying to get your SatNav to play ball. One of many reasons I like paper maps! :-

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.