Home Forums Ride Reports ONLY THE BRAVE

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Having had more than a week of summer sun (sans temps) the rain had to return, pity it had to be the day Richard had planned a ride.  The rain radar had it looking pretty grim so we chickened and took the tin top planning to do some shopping if/after the ride didn't go ahead.A few brave souls were there ahead of us including Terry our new Area Rep on his new wheels  ;D but courting a bout of the BOT poor soul.  Henry of course was late by at least a Flat White.  It was decided by common consent (let's all have a say in the decision making) to call off the run to Warkworth and spend an hour chatting in Starbucks. When we'd had our fill Olin and Kevin, the hardy souls, pushed on north as Kevin had to go up to Snells Beach to pick up a parcel.  I know by the time we had finished the shopping therapy the low system was pushing ever eastward and suspect they had a wet ride.  Hope you took great care on the bends lads. Thanks Richard for organising this for us. It is a lottery at this time of year and occasionally it doesn't go to plan but good to see a few friendly faces and just to get out of the house.Photo0199.jpgPhoto0198.jpg

Dave Ross
    Keymaster

Appropriate title. What a shitty day.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Well blow me down!!!! we went past westgate in the drop top around 10-45 en-route to find a breakfast venue, but we thought everyone would be long gone by then.Good to see Olin got his 1300 sorted...can't say I envied anyone on two wheels today though...I thought I would treat Babzee to the delights of the Catalina Cafe at Hobsonville Point this morning...epic fail.....it was Farmers market craft fair,car boot sale day,there were cars and people everywhere....ended up at Marcello's on College Hill.Out for a curry tonight with Lord and Lady Von-Red Barron this evening at the Urban Turban.There will be a report afterwards...in fact there may be several.... (ex military personell will find that amusing).

Richard Kuysten
    Participant

Hi Dave and Barb, that sounds excellent, where's the Urban Turban? keep us posted it could be a venue for a group feed  ;D

Dave Morris
    Participant

where's the lady with the perfect smile who never has helmet hair

Anonymous
    Inactive

Happily sleeping in bed ZZZZZ till 10:30am  – good on ya , great pics!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Well done, chaps! Good effort on not a good day. I like the colour of your new bike Terry; The GS bikes look great in yellow/black.Here's hoping for a better forecast and thus turnout for the next ride.Peter Z

Anonymous
    Inactive

Actually the ride to Wellsford had no rain and the road was dry in places. Funnily enough, not a lot of traffic either 😉 We stopped briefly at Wellsford and then I headed back down HW16 and Kevin went onto Snells Beach. The heavens opened up half way back. Just as well motorcycling gear has moved on from jeans and a leather jacket, as I was still dry and warm when I got home. Look forward to the next ride and hopefully the weather is a bit better.

Anonymous
    Inactive

The Urban Turban, gets the thumbs up from us,food was excellent and well presented,service was good and friendly,which was more than can be said for the weather last night.I think group bike parking might be an isuue as parking is typical city type layout with pay and display bays.However it was muted that across the way at the fish Market they do amean fresh fus n chups and they have a dedicated car park.this looks more promising.

Richard Kuysten
    Participant

Thanks Dave, pleased to hear you had a good night.  Fush and chups always sounds good to me so we'll bear them in mind for the future.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.