Home Forums General Discussion Only just got here but need to ask about leaving

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Only just laid some rubber on the NZ roads and I need to ask if anyone has any leads on shipping companies to Aussie.

My plan, at the moment, is to leave NZ on the 15th March 06 so if anyone has any suggestions for good company's or any they feel it's hard to recommend then please let me know.

For those who have gone to Aussie before did you fly or ship the bike, again pro's and con's.

I'm looking to leave Auckland and get to Brisbane

Harvey

Jim Young
    Participant

Hi Harvey,

Hope you enjoyed your trip up north and the weather was good to you.

I havent got any recommendations for getting a bike to Aussie but one of the guys in the club (Wayne) did it last year and I dont know if he gets on the website but I have his email address and will ask him if he has any tips etc. and will post it here unless Wayne does it himself.

We have another friend touring NZ from Germany, Bernd Hausler who is currently in NZ and who has come on a few rides with us so if you come across a R1100GS with Touratech panniers and Bernd wears a red suit please introduce yourself, as he is a real nice guy. ( that also goes for any members throughout NZ)
    I was telling him about the Wanganui street races on Boxing day too, and as he is booked on the ferry to the South Island on the 27th he may come to the races also.

We have a BMWOR ride on Sunday the 18th December leaving from BP autobahn on the northern motorway near Albany at 9.00am so if you are free hope to see you there, if not have a great Christmas and ride safe.

Jim

Paul
    Participant

Hi Harvey,

Happy to help with contacts for sea shipment. Transit time Akl to Sydney is around three days, Brissie = 4.

We consolidate cargo for various freight forwarders and so have containers going to OZ frequently.

Give me a call for contacts: 09 634 4948.

Hey, and if you're at a loose end over Xmas/Boxing Day, give us a shout.

Martyn

bakin
    Participant

Evening guy’s and thanks for the replies.
    Jim, I'll look out for Bernd on my travels. If you do get hold of Wayne any info will be great. Sorry won't be able to make the club run but will be back in Auckland doing the toy run for the Starship Hospital.

Martyn, I'll give you a call after xmas (let all the turkey and stuffing go down) to get more info from you. Approx costs flying compared to shipping.

But then again it could all change as I passed my bike theory on Monday (seems a bit silly but I was worried I might fail.....) and now all I need to do is get it backdated for 2 yrs and I can then start looking for a job over here as a bike trainer. Has anyone got any feedback on Hamilton Bike School. Please add to this thread or send me an email if you would prefer your comments not to be seen by all.

Harvey

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.