Home Forums Members New Member

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Inactive

Hello,I have been an ADVrider member for some time and was only made aware of this forum a couple of days ago when asking for help on the KIWIBIKER forum.I bought a 2000 BMW1150GS about twelve months ago and are loving it. It isn't without its minor issues and in need of some TLC. I am slowly working my way through the basic maintenance and have a new set of Wilbers to fit to it shortly.When I bought the bike I see from some of the accompanying paperwork it has been previously owned by a member here.Look forward to meeting you all on-line at least. Peter. 🙂

Arne Rohde
    Participant

Welcome to the forum, Peter. Did you find someone with a GS-911 to help you out?The Auckland group is planning a ride to Coromandel on July 19. I'm sure you'd be welcome to join them. The ride is not (yet?) in the calendar here, but an Auckland BMWOR Facebook group which has recently been set up has the ride details.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks for the welcome Artig.No joy as yet with the GS-911. I didn't want my very first post here to be a "can I borrow...." thread so I will see what eventuates in due course.I would be quite keen to ride next weekend. I don't do Facebook but if you could post the meeting time and place and don't mind older bikes coming along I will see what SWMBO says and how work pans out this week!Peter.

Arne Rohde
    Participant

I've put the ride (Coromandel northern loop) into the calendar, and details from the club newsletter in the Rides Calendar, Auckland forum. Rides to the south of Auckland usually start from the motorway service centre (BP) near Papakura, and rides to the north from Starbucks at Westgate. I doubt if yours would be the oldest bike on the ride, and it sounds like there might be a gravel option if that is of any interest to you.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.