Home Forums Members Curmudgeonly Greetings

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Inactive

I finally got around to posting summat.After going for some time with a shed full of Austrian bikes, I've come over to the dark side...Actually, I've still got me 950Adv, and a 1981 Xt500, so I'm hedging my bets.Here's my baby:IMG2502-M.jpg

Dave Ross
    Keymaster

Hi Oscar, how is the new bike going. It certainly looks like a beauty. I didn't know you had an XT. Every now and then one pops up at trade me and I start drooling again. I am thinking of organizing an Airhead GS only ride. A full day or even overnight, as much gravel as possible, but with enough time to smell the roses. I guess the Waikato area would be the best choice, even though it's a bit out of my way these days. I am also quite keen to make an excursion to Pouto Point, as I've never been there. That's going north of course.

Dave Morris
    Participant

suppose the good thing about having an airheads only ride is we would not need a breakdown wagon or have posts about final drives terminating for the next week.  ::)

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Oscar, how is the new bike going. It certainly looks like a beauty. I didn't know you had an XT. Every now and then one pops up at trade me and I start drooling again. I am thinking of organizing an Airhead GS only ride. A full day or even overnight, as much gravel as possible, but with enough time to smell the roses. I guess the Waikato area would be the best choice, even though it's a bit out of my way these days. I am also quite keen to make an excursion to Pouto Point, as I've never been there. That's going north of course.

I'm certainly up for a ride.I can guide you all around Raglan-Kawhia way if you want.

Dave Ross
    Keymaster

I am not sure how many would be interested. I know there are some airheads hanging out at Kiwibiker. Raglan/Kawhia would be good. It would also be easy to extend it into a two day affair by staying at Awakino or Whangamommona and then heading across to Taumaruni via some of the neat back roads over there.

Russell Taylor
    Participant

There are a few airheads where I work. Trouble is, none of them ride motorbikes.

Dave Morris
    Participant

i cant come as my bike has just had its 5 yearly wash and hate to get it dirty

Anonymous

Guess it's the last time you'll ever wash it then: I'm sure that you will reckon Junior is old enough to be your bike valet by the time the next wash cycle rolls around.

Dave Morris
    Participant

Guess it's the last time you'll ever wash it then: I'm sure that you will reckon Junior is old enough to be your bike valet by the time the next wash cycle rolls around.

got taken to auckland and my professional bike washer did it over 3 days. he is such a darling. dropping it back tomorrow. make someone a lovely wife one dayhope it ant raining tomorrow  when he drops it off

Dave Ross
    Keymaster

Have you sold it? Make sure he keeps it covered in cling wrap, while he rides it back down to foggy bottom.

Dave Morris
    Participant

enah never sold it. but the cleanest its been since left the factory. I can recommend a goood bike cleaner. and Mrs BELL says i should not sell

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.