Home Forums General Discussion Bus lanes in Auckland

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author

I got a receptive ear from him so for the moment I would like to keep it to myself

Stuart Burns
    Participant

The interesting  part was that they plan NOT to allow motocycles in their future bus lanes as they want to discourage motorcycles generally on the basis that they are too dangerous Wouldn't call that a particularly 'receptive ear' ! Deserves to be named and shamed.....

Anonymous

Thats council policy – not necessarily his

Anonymous

Thats council policy - not necessarily his

It is not council policy it is his as the whole council runs on the minority views. I'll be speaking to a few councilers on Saturday night! One staff member tried to stop staff motor bikes parking in the council carpark and he lost that round

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have been using the trucks only lane up from Grafton Gully onto Newmarket Viaduct…  not exactly a bus lane, but whose counting?I have read the by-laws (as we lawyers do!!) and I am pretty relaxed about Ak CC and their bus lanes, but I am pretty sure I am being a heinous crim by using the truck lanes.Anyone been pinged for using that lane? CheersThe Loins ps Just back from the Six Passes, 3,800kms tour of the SI.:  Buggar all bus lanes encountered!!

Anonymous

The whole transport strategy is a mess, Auckland city is actually proactive with respect to bikes & motorbikes but applies a punitive policy to cars, Waitakere / North shore (official or otherwise) appear to be the other way despite being green ?The transport agency simply appears to be pro truck , tolerates cars and penalises motorcycles. Unfortunately the reality at the end of the day is that policy is implemented by people with subjective attitudes and personal agendas - look at Hyde & Key trampling all over the royal commission recomendatios into Auckland

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.