Home Forums General Discussion BMW pinlock visor

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Participant

This has been posted on the coollist but there are some problems at present so here it is for those who may be interested.

Back last autumn I put out a request for advice on this little device as I was thinking of getting one. I promised to report my findings.

Well after a winter of riding with it I can say it was worth the expense. Altough it's hardly been a real winter 😀 I have given it a reasonable workout and have to say it works a treat. The only conditions I haven't experienced yet are very cold weather where it might struggle a little.

However in the wet and miserable it does the job well and just yesterday we did a circumnavigation of the upper harbour from the North Shore to Mt. Wellington then back across the North Western to New Lynn and then up to SH 16 through Greenhithe to Birkenhead. About 60 k often at slow speed in very wet and windy conditions and I can report that I only experienced some minor misting at very slow speed as I breathed out - but it cleared immediately. Quite impressive really and while the old Fog City insert was almost as good I think this will last a lot longer with careful maintanence.

Thanks to those who gave their advice when I called for it.

Malcolm

Theo.Duy
    Participant

Hi Malcolm. After serious misting in the rain, coming home from the AGM, I would like to get a “do it yourself” pinlock system, for my Shark S800 lid. Where do I order these, since Motomail and Cycletreads do not seem to stock these?
    Cheers, Peter

David
    Participant

My vision during our trip home from the AGM was as clear as a bell! I was fortunate as my wife had bought a clear visor and pinlock sheet for my SHOEI helmet while she was in Japan. It was extremely effective in the heavy rain.

Jim Young
    Participant

Hi Peter,

If you go to the website below it will tell you all you want to know and also if one is available for your helmet.

http://www.pinlock.com/

Richard Kuysten
    Participant

Hi Peter, not quite sure what you mean by “do it yourself” but the fog city works well but does not last well. I have heard of riders buying the insert and drilling out their visors and fitting themselves, so that may be what you are talking about. Otherwise sorry I can’t help.

Malcolm

Theo.Duy
    Participant

Hi Malcolm (and Jim)
    Thanks for the website Jim. Looks like Aus is the closest source!
    This is what the site says ... (pasted info). Last line refers to Do-It-Yourself Kit but NO NZ options!

A Pinlock for you?
    In three short steps you can find out whether there is a Pinlock for you!
    1. Choose your product: Full face helmet
    2. Choose your helmet/goggles brand: Shark
    3. Choose your helmet/goggles type: S800
    Yes! There is a Pinlock for you!

You can go to a Service Center where they have the tools to install a Pinlock insert lens in your helmet visor. Or alternatively, you can install it yourself with a Do-It-Yourself Kit.

Thanks for responses. Peter

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.