Home Forums Members Back to the fold …

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi Folks,Well, I've finally made it back to NZ after a couple of years in Perth and then a year spent globe trotting last year.I still haven't managed to get the 1150 GS or the 80 GS out of mothballs but it will happen soon, hopefully.Keep it safe out there and have a good 'un ...  8)John

Dave Ross
    Keymaster

Welcome back John. We're looking forward to some stories and maybe a few pictures.  No pressure 🙂

janejohnstewart
    Participant

Welcome back John. We're looking forward to some stories and maybe a few pictures.  No pressure 🙂

Thanks Alex, it's good to be back.Pics:  Yeah I can oblige there.I picked up this old girl in Perth with aspirations of getting her back up and running.  In the words of the Tui ad, "Yeah, right ..."IMG_0013.jpgIMG_0019.jpgIMG_0024.jpgWhilst I was over there I was working on the design and supervising the construction tailings dams in a couple of places.Argyle Diamond Mine, WA.  No samples unfortunately ...  ::)IMG_0168.jpgRobe River Iron Ore mine, WA.  Yup, I've got a lump of that sitting on the desk here.PICT4934.jpgThen I started 2010 in Namibia where I picked up this young lady, but unfortunately it was a doomed relationship right from day one ...  🙁IMG_0641.jpgIMG_0639.jpgIMG_0648.jpgI was over there working on the construction of a tailings dam on a Uranium mine, and no, I didn't steal any Uranium, honest, and that's not sitting on my desk either ...  😉For some reason I haven't got any pics of the Uranium mine, but you've seen one dusty hole in the middle of a desert, you've seen 'em all, eh? 😉After that I spent a while taking pictures of weird and wonderful stuff like these ...IMG_1314.jpgIMG_1337.jpgIMG_1487.jpgStories:  Well, they're best told over a beer or two, aren't they ...  😉

Dave Ross
    Keymaster

Wow!….Happy to buy you a beer to hear more :-).

janejohnstewart
    Participant

Wow!....Happy to buy you a beer to hear more :-).

Right!  You're on.  8)I've got a very low pain threshold if someone is going to twist my arm to make me drink beer ... 😉 However, I'm not sure how long I'm going to be up here in Kerikeri, or even on North Island for that matter.With the way that the economy is things are decidedly quiet up north so I might have to head down to Christchurch to earn a crust.

Dave Ross
    Keymaster

Just make sure you don't disturb the crust down there. I don't think they do big holes down there, at least not voluntarily. Gerda and I might do a loop up north some time during the next few weeks. Maybe we can meet up then.What are your plans for your bike? 

janejohnstewart
    Participant

Just make sure you don't disturb the crust down there. I don't think they do big holes down there, at least not voluntarily. Gerda and I might do a loop up north some time during the next few weeks. Maybe we can meet up then.What are your plans for your bike? 

You'll be pleased to know that if I do end up in Christchurch I'll be more concerned with filling holes up, rather making the existing ones any bigger ... 😉Obviously if you and Gerda do end up doing the loop you're more than welcome to drop in, and that goes for the rest of you reprobates too ...  ;DPlans for the bike(s):  Basically get them legal, then get back on them and start riding ... 8) However, unfortunately there are some non motorcycle related issues that need to be sorted out first ... 🙁

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.