Home Forums Members Another New Member in West Auckland

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Inactive

Hi All, Bought my first BMW at the beginning of the year (I have only ever had a Suzuki before) It is a 2002 K1200 LT, I am loving it.Unfortunately I work most weekends so I do not know how often I will be able to get out on rides.I have been a member of BRONZ Auckland for a number of years and been involved with the Ride Right Ride Safe training course, I am currently helping out with the Basic Handling Skills Test for new riders, this has been very interesting. ;DMartin%20and%20Bike%20Small.jpg

Arne Rohde
    Participant

Welcome to the site, and good on you for taking on the training of new riders.Some time ago there were informal weekday rides in the Auckland area. I'm sure someone will be along soon with more details, including details of the Facebook group if you happen to be on FB.

Anonymous
    Inactive

HiPlease contact me via Auckland@bmwor.org.nz or via any of the Auckland Area Rep details elsewhere on the website so that I can add you to our upcoming events email database.Cheers Stephen

Robin
    Participant

Welcome to BMWOR. You'll have to get to a meeting sometime, otherwise you will only be known as Smallfish! Take a look at the annual meetings like AGM, RAG Rally and see if you can plan one of those to fit in. You're really part of the group when you've been to an AGM. IMO.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi, I also work a lot of weekends and live out West Auckland. I would like to encourage you to attend Auckland meetings,  coming up this coming week,  along with a Wednesday (15th June)Ride. Look forward to meeting you.  Cheers  Geoff

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks Geoffo, I knew the Auckland meeting was coming up but I am also committed to something else on a Monday night, will see if they will let me be away once a month

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi. Hopefully the recent re-establishment of a Wednesday ride starting from Cyclespot Barrys Point Rd will fit with you. This next bit a massive secret (so for Christ's sake don't put it on the internet) but I'm thinking about adding an event called “Wildcard Weekend” whereby we have a custom card deck with different activities and destinations, on the day (which will probably be a Saturday for something different) we meet, someone cuts the deck and whatever is drawn is what we are doing. It could be a ride to the West Coast for the sunset, heading to a destination where we set up cones for barrel racing and or low speed control instruction / competition, a mystery ride guided only by route sheets, or anything else that creeps into the mix.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.