Home Forums General Discussion 1987 r65

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Inactive

Hi, I am new to this site, I am wanting to know what a 1987 r65 would be worth roughly. Last owner 20yrs, regularly serviced, looks to be in excellent original order, no leaks, brakes good, fork seals and tyres good, motor starts well and runs very quietly. If it was a british bike of the 60s or 70s I would know what it would be worth,(I have a 1974 trident and a 1979 bonneville) but a bmw I have no idea. Can anybody give me a ball park figure. Cheers Luke.

Dave Morris
    Participant

What it sells for on trade me.  Several people are bidding on it. 

Arne Rohde
    Participant

Welcome to the site, Luka.There are so few of these bikes available and for sale that putting a value on them is nigh impossible. As Steve says it really is a case of what the market will pay. Having said that it seems from my limited experience that prices paid for older BMW bikes are gradually increasing. There are dreamers who put an unrealistic price on their babies, but an auction like this one where there is no fixed price, and the reserve is already met, is probably the best method of determining a 'value'. It wouldn't surprise me if this one goes into the $6-7000 price range or higher.

Dave Morris
    Participant

3 x r100rs  for sale on trade me.  I would look at also look at the r80st as 1st choice then the $6000 R100 RS INTO NEW PLYMOUTH as 2nd choice depending on what riding you do

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.