Home Forums For Sale and Wanted Section Wanted to Buy – Gear for 2013 GS 800,

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi wanting to buy a few bits for the bike, any suggestions on sites? I'm looking for a set of crash bars , up high protection, stand foot enlarger, something to hold a few tools? A tube? Any ideas appreciated cheers

Anonymous
    Inactive

Probably easier to decide on a particular brand of accessory, rather than looking in general. ie I like some side stand feet, but not all of them.But accessory sites in general:advdesigns.com (great guys, visited when I was in San Fran and fitted a few things)twistedthrottle.comtouratech.co.nz (it's obvious, but also expensive)In terms of brands, look at Altrider (especially crash bars and other heavy metal work - bash plates etc), SW-Motech, BDCW also makes heavy duty bash plates, Maier and MachineArtMoto make a lot of plastic stuff like mudguards and mudguard extenders.After 6 years my R1200GSA is a mish mash of brands 😀

Arne Rohde
    Participant

Many years ago I bought several parts for an R1200GS and F650GS twin direct from Wunderlich in Germany: http://www.wunderlich.de/en. They have a huge range of accessories for almost all the BMW bikes, but freight can be expensive, and they apparently have no dealers or importers in Australia or NZ. Prices were generally lower than Touratech last time I looked.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.